Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Big Wedding on the Big Boat in the Big Apple!

When I say the Big wedding, there were only 3 people there, but it was a Big deal, and the best wedding I have ever been to in my life! The wedding weekend started for me after I abandoned Julie in San Francisco and arrived in New York for a reunion with my brother and his partner - David & Ruth were already enjoying New Yorks delights as they arrived the day before me and had already sampled the famous cheesecake several times I believe! Next day I was treated to lunch at Tavern On The Green, a famous outdoor New York restaurant in Central Park, and then we walked around the whole park for the rest of the day! In the evening, again I was treated to dinner and then a Broadway show - one of my favourites "Mamma Mia" and what a show it was! As you can see, Ruth and I were very excited and delighted with the show, so much so that we couldn't stop singing and dancing. Of course, we had to go and see the best view of New York from the Rockerfeller Centre the next day-it cetainly has the Wow factor of a full 360degree view of the city, and the Empire State Building from there is is awesome. The day of the wedding arrived and we all got ready while quaffing champagne and eating chocolates in The New York Palace Hotel where David & Ruth were being spoiled - if you look behind us you can catch a glimpse of the amazing view they had from their bedroom. The wedding took place aboard "World Yacht" and the ceremony was simple and beautiful. After Mr and Mrs Kerr had performed their first dance as a married couple, (accompanied by rapturous applause from some japanese tourists, more on that later) we had a gorgeous meal and the twilight views of the city to enjoy for the next 4 hours as we sailed down the Hudson River, past the Statue of Liberty, and it was truly spectacular! And those japanese tourists could not get enough of David & Ruth and took so many photos that we lost count! We later found out that they were all dentists, and were been treated to this trip by their boss, all the way from Tokyo! It was an unforgettable weekend, and I was honoured to be present on such a special and memorable day. David and Ruth spoiled me rotten and I loved every minute of their company. I didn't want to leave them, but I flew back to San Francisco anyway to meet up with JK and continue our travels in the USA.

No comments: